Or, to put it another way, how do we realise the transformational impact of digital technologies on aspects of community life, cultural experiences, future society and the economy’?
On 26th and 27th January 2016, RKEO will be hosting a sandpit workshop to facilitate exploration of this topic to:
- Raise awareness – interdisciplinary approaches are an integral element of research success
- Provide a space to explore ideas
- Provide a mechanism for continual peer review
- Support proposal development
- Stimulate research proposals in promising areas of research for the University
The Research Sandpit process comprises:
- Defining the scope of the issue
- Sharing understanding of the problem domain, and the expertise brought by the participants to the sandpit
- Taking part in break-out sessions focused on the problem domain, using creative and innovative thinking techniques
- Capturing the outputs in the form of a research project
To take part in this exciting opportunity, BU academic staff should complete the Sandpit Application Form and return this to Dianne Goodman by Tuesday 5th January. Places are strictly limited.
By applying, you agree to attend for the full duration of the event – full day 26th January and half day 27th January.
This event is part of BU’s Interdisciplinary Research Week.