Across England, local authorities are asking questions about how they can redesign services, save money and drive local economic growth.
- How many people will need adult social care services in 5 years time?
- Which children are most likely to enter the care system and what support might prevent this happening?
- How can traffic flows, public transport, cycle lanes and town centres be optimised to help local businesses to grow?
- Which households are most likely to fall into council tax arrears?
- How can money be saved on refuse collection by only emptying bins when they are full?
- How effective are local authority commissioned services at delivering positive social outcomes?
Nesta’s new research programme – the Local Datavores – aims to help local authorities use data better.