The UK Research Councils have published their Delivery Plans for the period 2016-2020.
The plans outline how the Research Councils individually and collectively will use their allocations from the Science and Research Budget announced in March to meet their strategic aims and to support the research base to benefit the economy and wider society.
Each Research Council plan is available on their individual websites:
- AHRC – http://www.ahrc.ac.uk/newsevents/news/delivery-plan-2016-20/
- BBSRC – http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/news/policy/2016/160504-n-bbsrc-publishes-delivery-plan/
- EPSRC – https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/newsevents/news/scienceforsuccessfulnationdeliveryplan/
- ESRC – http://www.esrc.ac.uk/news-events-and-publications/publications/corporate-publications/delivery-plan/
- MRC – http://www.mrc.ac.uk/about/spending-accountability/delivery-plan/
- NERC – http://www.nerc.ac.uk/about/perform/reporting/reports/
- STFC – http://www.stfc.ac.uk/about-us/our-purpose-and-priorities/delivery-plan/
The RCUK Executive Directorate has published a Delivery Plan for the first time which is available here . The Executive Directorate was established a year ago from the former RCUK Strategy Unit to give leadership for the collective activities across the Research Councils and to support the individual Councils to focus on their disciplines and communities. The Directorate’s Delivery Plan outlines future plans for policy and analysis, international, communications and public engagement, the Global Challenges Research Fund and the RCUK Change Programme.
In addition to outlining individual priorities for this period the Research Council Delivery Plans provide information on collective commitments to reform of the Research Councils, equality and diversity, partnership with Innovate UK and the Global Challenges Research Fund.
A helpful summary of each councils delivery plan is provided by Research Professional.