The Research and Knowledge Exchange Office (RKEO) invite all ‘new to BU’ academics and researchers to an induction.
- The primary aim of this event is to raise participants’ awareness of how to get started in research at BU or, for more established staff, how to take their research to the next level
- To provide participants with essential, practical information and orientation in key stages and processes of research and knowledge exchange at BU
- An overview of research at BU and how R&KEO can help/support academic staff
- The importance of horizon-scanning, signposting relevant internal and external funding opportunities and clarifying the applications process
- How to grow a R&KE portfolio, including academic development schemes
- How to develop internal and external research networks
- Key points on research ethics and developing research outputs
- Getting started with Knowledge Exchange and business engagement
For more information about the event, please see the following link: https://staffintranet.bournemouth.ac.uk/workingatbu/staffdevelopmentandengagement/rolecareerdevelopment/academiccareerdevelopment/rkeoinduction/The ninth induction will be held on Wednesday, 3rd October 2018 on the 4th floor of Melbury House.
|Research & Knowledge Exchange Office (R&KEO) Research Induction
|Wednesday 3rd October 2018
|9.00 – 12.00
9.00-9.15 – Coffee/tea and cake/fruit will be available on arrival
9.15 – RKEO academic induction (with a break at 10.45)
11.25 – Organisational Development upcoming development opportunities
11.30 – Opportunity for one to one interaction with RKEO staff
12.00 – Close
There will also be literature and information packs available.
We hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you.
The RKEO team