The Wessex Clinical Research Network are accepting applications from research practitioners for the above training, taking place Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th February 2019. The course will take place in Hedge End, Southampton.
The two day course is designed for research practitioners who are new to research posts, (in post for more than 6 months and as a refresher for all research practitioners). The NIHR GCP course is a prerequisite for this course.
The training will cover –
- Historical context of research
- The basics of clinical research methodology
- Human subjects protection, advocacy and the 6 C’s
- Patient information giving and Informed consent: process and principals
- Recruitment and retention of patients in clinical research
- Protocol review and feasibility
- Study management and documentation
- Roles and responsibilities of the research team
- Monitoring, audits and MHRA
- Drug and medical device development
- The national and international picture