The Doctoral College and Additional Learning Support, Student Services, are pleased to present this ALS Inclusivity / Disability Awareness Week specifically for those supporting postgraduate research students. There are three sessions, each of which will be focused on providing individuals with an understanding of different disabilities, and to develop an insight into how to best support PGRs with disabilities. The sessions will also address what reasonable adjustments can be made and what is the role of the supervisor.
The following sessions will be run:
- Tuesday 8 March: ADD/ADHD/Dyspraxia led by Ildiko Balogh, Student Services
- Wednesday 9 March: SpLD/Dyslexia led by Regina Karousou, Student Services
- Thursday 10 March: Autism Spectrum Disorder led by Steevie Watson, Student Services
Staff attending will:
- have gained additional knowledge of specific disabilities
- have gained additional knowledge of additional support available to PGRs with specific disabilities
- have gained additional knowledge of how supervisor can support PGRs with specific disabilities
- be aware of the relevant sections of the Code of Practice for Research Degrees
|Supporting PGRs with ADD/ADHD/ Dyspraxia||Tuesday 8 March 2022||12:00 – 13:00||Online|
|Supporting PGRs with SpLD/Dyslexia||Wednesday 9 March 2022||12:00 – 13:00||Online|
|Supporting PGRs with Autism Spectrum Disorder||Thursday 10 March 2022||12:00 – 13:00||Online|
To book a place onto a session please complete the booking form.
Further details and future sessions can also be found on the Supervisory Development Lunchbite Sessions staff intranet page.