There have been some updates to our Epigeum Research Skills Toolkit modules. Firstly, all modules as part of the Research Skills Toolkit are now available to all staff using your @bournemouth.ac.uk email address.
The toolkit covers topics such as Becoming a Researcher (available from 1 April), Entrepreneurship in the Research Context, Ethical Research, Research Methods, and Transferable Skills.
You will need to follow these steps to set up an account:
- Go to: https://courses.epigeum.com/register.
Use token 678a512f when completing the form.
- An activation link will be sent to your e-mail. Please also check your JUNK mail.
- Once registration is complete, log in with this different link: https://courses.epigeum.com/login.
Adding the Research Ethics Modules:
- Once you have set up your account and logged in, click the person icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Enter Token’.
Use token 02d34ae8.
If you already have an account:
If you already have an account set up, you will then need to follow these steps.
- Log into your account: https://courses.epigeum.com/login.
- Click the person icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Depending on what you are missing either add token 678a512f (for the wider Research Skills Toolkit modules) or 02d34ae8 (for the Research Ethics Modules).
Viewing your modules:
To start viewing and working through your chosen modules, click back on the person icon, and select my courses.
From 1 April the following courses will be added under a new collection named ‘Becoming a Researcher’.
- Becoming a Researcher: Effective Management of Doctoral and Master’s Research (replacing Transferable Skills: Managing your research project).
- Becoming a Researcher: Working with your supervisor (replacing Transferable Skills: Working with your supervisor).
- Becoming a Researcher: Intellectual property in the research context (replacing Transferable Skills: Intellectual property in the research context).
Come along to a short demonstration on how to optimise the toolkit hosted by Epigeum’s Senior Learning Consultant Nick Broom. Register: Wednesday 4 May, 13:00 – 13:45, MS Teams.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch:
Natalie Stewart (PGRs & PGR Supervisors) – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sarah Bell (ECRs and other BU staff) – email@example.com.