Tell us about your social, cultural & community events for the period 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2022 – this is used to calculate our Higher Education Innovation Funding (HEIF) award
This information forms part of BU’s annual Higher Education – Business & Community Interaction survey and it is vital we provide a full and accurate picture of all our public engagement activity.
Which events do I need to report?
- Public lectures & talks
- Performance arts (music, dance, drama etc)
- Exhibitions (galleries, museums etc)
- Museum education
- Media engagement (TV/radio interviews, podcasts etc)
If you’re not sure if your event is eligible for inclusion, the SharePoint site includes further details and guidance.
What data do I need to provide?
For the purposes of the HE-BCI survey, you must record the following:
- event dates – to ensure eligibility
- whether the event or activity was free or chargeable
- the number of attendees (or views/visitors)
- the amount of staff time in hours needed for delivery.
Without this specific data, we will not be able to include your event in the survey.
The SharePoint site provides details about which data is collected and how, including calculating attendee numbers and staff time, and reporting online activities and multiple related events. If you have any further questions about the HE-BCI return, please contact email@example.com.