Whether you are a new supervisor, you plan to be one, or you have experience but are new to Bournemouth University, this development workshop is for you.
The workshop, which is mandatory for new supervisors, offers the necessary knowledge to supervise Postgraduate Research students by placing this knowledge within both the internal and external regulatory framework.
This workshop will cover the following key areas:
- The nature and scope of doctoral study and the role of a supervisor
- Purpose and operation of the BU Code of Practice for Research Degrees
- Monitoring, progression, completion and the process of research degrees at BU
- The importance of diversity, equality and cultural awareness
- Student recruitment and selection
- Keeping students on track – motivation and guidance
Book your place onto one of the Doctoral Supervision: New Supervisors Development workshops below. Further details about this workshop can also be found on the staff intranet.
|Date||Time||Location||Booking (via Eventbrite)|
|Tuesday 10 October 2023||10:00 – 15:15||Talbot Campus (in person)||Book|
|Thursday 16 November 2023||10:00 – 15:15||Talbot Campus (in person)||Book|
|Wednesday 31 January 2024||10:00 – 15:15||Online||Book|
|Tuesday 5 March 2024||10:00 – 15:15||Talbot Campus (in person)||Book|
|Wednesday 15 May 2024||10:00 – 15:15||Lansdowne Campus (in person)||Book|