The understanding of human anatomy is vital to the delivery of healthcare. For medical students, this necessary awareness of anatomy and 3D spatial orientation is traditionally learned through cadaveric dissection. This is expensive and has practical as well as ethical constraints to available teaching time. The ANEX team has generated digital models hosted inside a Web app available for the BU community and can be used as assets for interdisciplinary research between the fields of Arts, Science and Healthcare.
Join us on this 16th of March at lunchtime for this presentation of the ANEX : Anatomical Examination app. An app developed in Collaboration with UHD (University Hospitals Dorset) by and for the BU community that provides a personalized platform for both students and lecturers.
On this webinar you will:
- See a LIVE demo of our ANEX webapp: A Medical education platform for teaching anatomy. (Desktop and Mobile versions available)
- Get an early peek of our Neuravatar diagnostics tool.
- Learn more about how this resource can be used in your research or your teaching environment
Weds 16th March
🎫🎟️MS TEAMS 🎟️🎫meeting invite here
Dr Xiaosong Yang (FMC)
Dr Mara Catalina Aguilera Canon (FMC)
The Anatomical Society are offering grants of up to £500 to support public engagement and outreach activities in the field of Anatomy.
These grants aim to
- Ignite curiosity in young and old audiences about the anatomy of humans and animals.
- Stimulate Anatomists to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways with wider audiences, particularly those that are traditionally hard to reach
- Increase dialogue between researchers and the public, in particular on topics such as the animal research and the relevance of such research to health and medicine.
- Support primary, secondary, and tertiary teaching through linking schools with academics experts
- Stimulate an interest in Anatomy and Anatomy teaching
Applicants must be members who have been elected to membership by Council for at least a year.
Funding is awarded six times per year, with the following deadlines. You may only apply once per year.
- Wednesday 17 April
- Friday 7 June
- Thursday 5 September
If you would like advice on planning an activity or submitting your application, contact Adam Morris (Engagement Officer).