Call for potential oral witnesses for EFRA Committee tree planting inquiry
- The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee secretariat is looking for potential oral witnesses for the Committee’s inquiry into Tree Planting and Woodlands. please see the background to the inquiry and Call for Evidence for further information.
- The Committee would be particularly interested to hear from researchers with expertise in forestry relating to some of the following issues: woodland management, land management, agroforestry, climate change mitigation and adaptation, biosecurity, biodiversity, economics and/or policy analysis of UK Government and Devolved Administrations’ policies and funding on forestry and tree planting.
- Researchers who are interested must nominate themselves by 15 December. Please inform your BU Impact Officer and the BU policy team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you nominate yourself.
- The Committee is committed to improving the diversity of the witnesses it hears evidence from because this provides a broader evidence base for its inquiries, so would also particularly want to hear from women researchers and researchers from minority ethnic communities.
- The secretariat currently expects the evidence session to take place in early February.
- Please complete your nominations on this form.