Announcing a new “Research Café”: twice-monthly informal and open-format online sessions for all things research (including practice-related research), starting in October. These sessions are hosted and supported by BU academic staff members, for staff and research students.
- 2nd Tuesday of the month, 1300-1400, Zoom (first Tues session will be 10 Oct)
- 4th Thursday of the month, 1300-1400, Zoom (first Thurs session will be 26 Oct)
The sessions are open to all—academic staff, student, professional support staff, ECRs, profs, whoever!
Each session will be a drop-in; no need to RSVP unless a special session has been announced. You can pop in for 5 minutes or the full hour, have your lunch and/or a cuppa, and talk about research at Bournemouth.
Where requested, we can set up dedicated sessions on topics of interest. Some suggested areas include (but are not limited to!):
- Networking, making connections for collaborations
- Sharing experiences on projects and committees
- Exchanging support and advice
- Applying for grants
- Publication strategies
- REF strategies
Keep an eye out for calendar invitations; if you don’t receive an invitation and you’d like to, please contact Lyle at lskains at bournemouth.ac.uk.
The Research Cafe is hosted by Lyle Skains and sponsored by the Centre for Science, Health, and Data Communications Research.