Science without Borders is a Brazilian scholarship programme which aims to provide mobility opportunities between Brazil and Europe, for undergraduates, postgraduates, postdoctoral and senior research fellows in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
The programme aims to:
- Increase the presence of Brazilian students, scientists and industry personnel in international institutions of excellence;
- Attract young investigators and internationally recognised research leaders to Brazil to work with local researchers in joint projects; and
- Encourage the internationalisation of universities and research centres in Brazil through international partnerships.
There are a number of ways of getting involved:
- Host Brazilian undergraduates and postgraduates – with a view to start hosting for the 2012/13 academic year. A bilateral agreement between the UK and Brazil has been signed, Universities UK (UUK) is the UK partner organisation.
- Apply for a research grant to work in Brazil:
- Young post-doctoral researchers can apply under the ‘Attraction of Talented Youth’ programme for a two to three year long research project in Brazil;
- Science leaders can apply under the ‘Special Visiting Researcher’ grants that will fund joint projects with research groups in Brazil and fund work in Brazil for up to three months every year.
2012 call deadlines for the ‘Attraction of Talented Youth’ programme and ‘Special Visiting Researcher’ grants are 15 February, 4 June and 1 October.