You may have seen the BU Research Blog two years ago congratulating Bournemouth University’s MSc Public Health graduate Hana Dinh on the acceptance of her paper ‘‘Factors influencing engagement in premarital sex among Vietnamese young adults: a qualitative study’ .
In April 2019 this paper was published ‘online first’ in the International Journal of Adolescent Medicine & Health. Last month, two years later, her paper finally appeared in print. Hana’s paper had originally been accepted by this journal in 2018, it was put online in 2019 and now it has been formally published. It can still be a long process for an academic paper to get into print as we have discussed elsewhere . Hence the title of this blog, the question to me is ‘What is the appropriate publication date for this article on my CV?
Prof. Edwin van Teijlingen
CMMPH (Centre for Midwifery, Maternal & Perinatal Health)
- Dinh, T., van Teijlingen, E. (2021) Factors influencing engagement in premarital sex among Vietnamese young adults: a qualitative study, International Journal of Adolescent Medicine & Health, 33(4), 20180201. https://doi.org/10.1515/ijamh-2018-0201
- van Teijlingen E., P.P., Simkhada, B., Ireland, J. (2012) The long & winding road to publication, Nepal Journal Epidemiology 2(4): 213-215
Congratulations to FHSS’s Dr. Pramod Regmi on the publication of his recent qualitative paper ‘Parents’ and teachers’ perspectives on children’s sexual health education: a qualitative study in Makwanpur Nepal’ . The paper is co-authored by colleagues from Aberystwyth University.
This academic paper in an Open-Access journal, hence freely available to researchers, policy-makers, teachers, etc. in Nepal and elsewhere in the world. This Health Prospect publication is the latest in a series of publications focusing on sex education and sexual health in Nepal by Dr. Regmi [see 2-10].
Prof. Edwin van Teijlingen
Centre for Midwifery, Maternal & Perinatal Health (CMMPH)
- Acharya, DR, Thomas, M., Cann, R., Regmi, P.R., 2019. Parents’ and teachers’ perspectives on children’s sexual health education: a qualitative study in Makwanpur Nepal Health Prospect, 18(2): 1-6.
- Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., Regmi, P., Bhatta, P., Ingham, R., Stone, N., 2015. Sexual health knowledge and risky sexual behaviour of Nepalese trekking guides. Journal of Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences, 1 (4), 35-42.
- Acharya, D., Regmi, P., Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., 2015. Modernisation and changes in attitudes towards sex and relationships in young people. In Wasti, S., Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E. (Eds.) The Dynamics in Health in Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal: Social Science Baha: 63-94.
- Regmi, P., Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E ., 2011. Dating and sex among emerging adults in Nepal. Journal of Adolescent Research, 26 (6), 675-700.
- Regmi, P., Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., 2010. ‘…Boys remain prestigious, girls become prostitutes’: Socio-cultural context of relationships and sex among young people in Nepal. Global Journal of Health Science, 2 (1), 60-72.
- Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., Regmi, P., Bhatta, P., 2010. Sexual relationship and condom use among male trekking guides in Nepal: A qualitative study. Culture Health & Sexuality, 12 (1), 45-58.
- Regmi, P., Simkhada P., van Teijlingen, E., 2010. ‘…There are too many naked pictures found on the net’: Factors encouraging premarital sex among young people in Nepal. Health Science Journal, 4 (3), 169-181.
- Regmi, P., Simkhada, P., Acharya, D., van Teijlingen, E., 2010. Barriers to sexual health services for young people in Nepal. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, 28 (6), 619-627.
- Upreti, D., Regmi, P., Pant, P., Simkhada, P., 2009 Knowledge, attitude towards HIV and AIDS among Nepalese young people: A systematic review. Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 7(4), 383-391.
- Regmi, P., Simkhada, P., van Teijlingen, E., 2008. Sexual and reproductive health status among young people in Nepal: opportunities and barriers for sexual health education and services utilisation. Kathmandu University Medical Journal, 6(2), 245-256.