RESEARCH ETHICS PANELS (REP)
The REPs are responsible on behalf of the University Research Ethics Committee (UREC) to review and approve research ethics applications from postgraduate researchers (above minimal risk applications) and academic staff to ensure best ethical practice is adhered to in relation to research activities. The REP Terms of Reference can be accessed here. Panels comprise both staff and independent lay members.
The deadline for ethics checklists submitted online is noted against each meeting date listed in the linked documents below. Please ensure your paperwork is submitted on time as submissions are sent to Panel members 5 working days ahead of each Panel meeting for review. Late submissions will be deferred to the following month.
There are no Panel meetings held during the month of August, so please plan ahead if you intend to start your data collection in August/September.
- Science, Technology & Health Research Ethics Panel
- Science, Technology & Health Research Ethics Panel Membership
- Science, Technology & Health Panel meeting dates 2018-19 (will be published in due course)
- Social Sciences & Humanities Research Ethics Panel
- Social Sciences & Humanities Research Ethics Panel Membership
- Social Sciences & Humanities Research Ethics Panel meeting dates 2018-19 (will be published in due course)
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH ETHICS COMMITTEE (UREC)
UREC is responsible on behalf of Senate to promote best ethical practice in relation to research and research-related activities. Additionally, UREC is responsible for the over-arching university-wide research ethics policies and procedures. UREC considers ethical issues related to research and research-related activities brought to its attention by the Research Ethics Panels, researchers and the wider university community. UREC is also responsible for constructing and maintaining the Research Ethics Code of Practice which informs local practices and procedures across the University. UREC Terms of Reference can be accessed here. UREC comprises both staff and independent lay members and meets quarterly.
- 2018-19 UREC meeting dates (will be published in due course)