In the last few days, BU academics have achieved a series of major results by having their expertise featured in key national media outlets.
This includes stories in:
- The Sunday Telegraph (31 July) – featuring Professor Rudy Gozlan in the School of Applied Sciences commenting on the decline of the world’s river fish at the recent annual conference of the Fisheries Society of the British Isles hosted by BU;
- Broadcast* (29 July) – a thought leadership article by Jon Wardle in the Media School which calls for improved media education in light of the recent phone-hacking scandal;
- The Times* (29 July) – a thought leadership article by Professor Edwin van Teijlingen in the School of Health and Social Care on the role of GPs in the provision of maternity care;
- The Guardian (28 July) – a thought leadership article by Dr Heather Hartwell in the School of Tourism on link between tourism strategies and health and well-being.
* – subscriptions are required to view these articles online. If you are a BU staff member and would like to receive a hard copy please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for the informative post Julie, I am highly interested in Thought Leadership and have been looking for articles on this. I feel that this is the way forward for employment in the future. I mean there are already several companies taking this on such as Vodafone as seen here – http://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/perspective/ which maybe of some interest to some people who are also interested by this.