You are cordially invited to this lunchtime project invitation talk which is open to all staff.
Please feel free to bring your lunch.
“Dorset Living Well Active – Improving The Lives of People Living with Cancer”
Exploring Opportunities for Schools/Faculties, Staff and Students
- Wednesday 5th November 2014 13.00 – 13.50pm P403, Poole House
- Wednesday 12th November 2014 13.00 – 13.50pm B225, Bournemouth House
Dorset Living Well Active is a flagship project funded by Macmillan Cancer Support and Sport England with an ambition to enable 1000 people living with cancer in Dorset to improve their potential for health, fitness and wellbeing.
Living Well Active is building a ‘virtual health and fitness club’ bringing together healthcare professionals, physical activity providers, educators, support groups and organisations who are passionate about helping people with cancer live the best life they can. Examples of existing organisations we are currently working with are:
- Bournemouth University, County Sports Partnerships, Local, regional and National Cancer Charities, GP Practices, Hospitals, Local Authorities
- Health Commissioners, Behavioural Change Support Organisations (Chronic Health Conditions), Leisure Centres/ Fitness Clubs / Countryside and Parks , Walking for Health, British Cycling, England Athletics, NGB Sports, Dorset Race Equality Council, Help and Care, Boots.
On successful completion of this project it is planned to expand its geographical boundaries to surrounding counties.
Dorset Living Well Active offers Bournemouth University a wealth of opportunities for research, partnership, product and service development, student experience, volunteering and to be part of a nationally recognised project improving the lives of people living with cancer.
- Website, Social media and Engagement Tools, Service User Experience, GP Practice Development, Social Return on Investment Studies
- Behavioural Change and Positive Psychology, Physical Activity and Sport (Delivery and Training), Nutrition, Journalism, Graphic Design.
I really welcome the opportunity to explore your potential to benefit from the Living Well Active project and make a positive difference to people, communities and health services in the process.
Centre for Wellbeing and Quality of Life
Centre of Post Graduate Medical Research and Education