The first mock exercise in preparation for the next Research Exercise Framework is due to take place soon. This mock REF exercise is open to ALL academic staff and staff will be invited to submit up to FOUR outputs published since 1 January 2014. This first exercise will be a ‘light touch’ review to gauge all eligible outputs and their likely contribution to the unit of assessment(s).
More information and guidance regarding this mock exercise will be provided shortly. Meanwhile, early preparations can be made by ensuring that all outputs and their full texts are deposited into BURO via BRIAN where possible. You can refer to this blog post for a quick guide to uploading your full text.
Also, please see below for your reference, the list of all Unit of Assessment Leader(s).
- Edwin van Teijlingen : UOA 3 – Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy
- Ben Parris : UOA 4 – Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience
- Raian Ali; Keith Phalp : UOA 11 – Computer Science and Informatics
- Zulfiqar Khan : UOA 12 – Aeronautical, Mechanical, Chemical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Tim Darvill; Ross Hill : UOA 17 – Geography, Environmental Studies and Archaeology
- Dean Patton : UOA 19 – Business and Management Studies
- Sascha-Dominik Bachmann : UOA 20 – Law
- Jonathan Parker : UOA 22/23 – Social Work and Social Policy/ Sociology
- Holger Schutkowski : UOA 24 – Anthropology and Development Studies
- Julian McDougall : UOA 25 – Education
- Stephen Page : UOA 26 – Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism
- Bronwen Thomas : UOA 29 – English Language and Literature
- Neal White : UOA 34 – Art and Design: History, Practice and Theory
- Iain MacRury : UOA 36 – Communication, Cultural and Media Studies, Library and Information Management
As mentioned above, more information and guidance will be released shortly so do watch out for it.