If you are planning to apply for funding in 2018 through Erasmus+, the European Union’s programme for education, training, youth and sport, you can start to prepare your grant application now. The Erasmus+ Programme Guide, which provides detailed information on how to apply, is available here.
This year’s budget has increased by €200 million since 2017, representing an increase of 8%.
The major changes since 2017 include:
- Additional opportunities for Erasmus+ higher education students to carry out traineeships aimed at gaining digital skills;
- The ErasmusPro initiative under VET mobility projects to boost long term mobility for VET learners;
- A new “Schools Exchange Partnerships” format under Strategic Partnerships to help schools better finding their way into cooperation projects;
- The action “Sector Skills Alliances” has been reintroduced to this Programme Guide;
- The funding rules for most actions have been fine-tuned;
As in 2016 and 2017, the 2018 Programme Guide places a special focus on encouraging projects supporting social inclusion (notably of refugees and migrants), as well as preventing radicalisation.
The call deadlines for all three Key Actions can be found here. A few Key Action 2 deadlines to be aware of are;
Knowledge Alliances 28th February 2018
Strategic partnerships in the field of education and training 21st March 2018
Capacity building in the field of higher education 8th February 2018
If you are interested in applying to any of the calls then please contact your RKEO Funding Development Officer, in the first instance.