The “vF Interoperation suppoRting buSiness innovaTion” (FIRST) project provides new technology to describe manufacturing assets and to compose and integrate existing services into collaborative virtual manufacturing processes.
The project kick-off meeting took place in March 16-17 2017 at Bournemouth University UK. In attendance were the academic and industrial representatives from the partner institutions.
The FIRST Project kick-off meeting participants at BU[/caption]
The project combines partners from China, Germany, The Netherlands and Germany in the academic and industrial sectors. Together we work on processes in manufacturing context.
- Bournemouth University, UK. Faculty of Science & Technology, Department of Computing and Informatics, Service Computing Group.
- University of Groningen, Netherlands. Faculty of Science and Engineering, Distributed Systems Group.
Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy. Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche Informatiche e Matematiche, the Smart Applications, Environments, and Communities Group.
- University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy. The Department of physics, informatics and mathematics, Department of physics, informatics and mathematics.
- Shanghai Second Polytechnic University, China. The College of EngineeringThe College of Engineering.
- GK software. Germany – world market leader in retail software
- KM Software. China – Specialist in computer aided manufacturing
The kick-off meeting initiated the projected start from March 2017. Topics discussed at the the kick-off meeting included
- Deeper knowledge of consortium partner, research agenda
- Implementation of working packages and Deliverables
- Presentations of partners
- Discussing Consortium Agreement
Please find more details about the project at