The Catapult centres are a network of world-leading centres designed to help transform the UK’s capability for innovation in specific areas and drive future economic growth. To find out more, please visit this link.
To encourage increase in the connections between the UK research base and the Catapults, RCUK is supporting the development of new collaborations through research visits/ residencies for university (and other eligible research organisations) academics to spend time embedded within the Catapult teams through the Catapult Researchers in Residence (RiR) Awards. Please see a summary below of what this scheme offers:
- Accelerate the impact of RC-funded research
- Increase knowledge exchange and co-creation between academia and Catapult centres
- Develop new collaborations between academia and Catapult centres
- Expand the capabilities and knowledge of the Catapults
- Nurturing talents and skills development of researchers and Catapult staff
- Create a cohort of RiRs able to share their experiences with a wider network of academics.
- value of up to £50k (100% FEC); flexibly spread between one and four years.
- Funding awarded directly to the host university and not the Catapult.
- Funding to cover the salary costs for the visit of each RiR, travel and subsistence costs, and any consumables used at the Catapult.
The programme will run until March 2023, with two RiRs announcements of opportunity each year, with the last RiR opportunity announced in January 2019.
Current closing deadline is 23 March 2018; 5pm.
- applicants must be employees of eligible organisation; must be resident in the UK
- EPSRC eligibility criteria apply