Every two years Vitae runs the Careers in Research Online Survey and the Principal Investigators and Research Leaders Survey. Once again, BU will be participating in these important national surveys.
The Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) gathers the anonymous views of research staff in UK higher education institutions about their experiences, career aspirations and career development opportunities. At BU, those categorised by HR data as research staff will receive an invitation to complete this survey.
The Principal Investigators and Research Leaders Survey (PIRLS) gathers anonymous views and experiences from principal investigators in relation to their role as managers and leaders of researchers and research groups. Based on data from RED (BU’s Research & Enterprise Database), and HR records, relevant BU academics will be invited to participate.
Both surveys are beneficial to BU:
- Together they inform our policy and practice in researchers’ employment, management and career development
- Provide knowledge of the views and experiences of research leaders across topics, including leadership, management and recognition
- The surveys allow us to measure our progress over time and confidential comparisons with groups of institutions or national results
- Provides evidence to support our institutional submissions, such as for the European HR Excellence in Research Award (we have recently retained this award following the recent six year review), implementation of the Concordat and Athena SWAN
- They provide insight into the research environment element of the Research Excellence Framework
If eligible to participate, look out for your invitation, which it is anticipated will be sent out in the week commencing 22nd April 2019. The closing date for making your opinions known is 31st May 2019.
If you have any queries about either survey, please contact Emily Cieciura (Research Development & Support) via email@example.com