Once your study has started, you may find that you need to make an Amendment. Reasons for this can vary but could include:
- a change to the research end date
- a change to the Research Team
- a change in the number of participants
- changes to the design or methodology of the study
- changes to the participant involvement/activities
- changes to study documentation such as participant information sheet, agreement forms, questionnaires
- any other changes that would impact on a previously approved ethics checklist
What is the procedure for requesting an amendment?
All requests should be made via the online ethics checklist. From your ‘Dashboard’ click the corresponding Amendment Icon.
- Requests will be considered by the Research Ethics Panel Chair and if appropriate will be approved by Chairs Action (online). If necessary, depending on the Amendment you may be asked to submit a new ethics checklist which will be reviewed by the appropriate Research Ethics Panel.
- Requests will be considered by either the assigned Ethics Champion (low risk projects) or the Research Ethics Panel Chair (high risk projects). Requests will be approved online but if appropriate you may be advised to submit a new ethics checklist.
- Requests will be considered by the named Supervisor (low risk projects) or the assigned Departmental Ethics Programme Team and approved online. If appropriate you may be advised to submit a new ethics checklist