BU offers several avenues for ethics training:
The Ethics online training programmes (both programmes (including end of course quiz) should be completed):
- Becoming an Ethical Researcher
- Research Ethics in Practice
You will need to set up an account on the system to access. Steps to follow to access the courses are as follows:
- Go to this link: https://courses.epigeum.com/
- Click on the user menu and “Register” by completing the form
- The token you should enter in the registration form is 02d34ae8 – IMPORTANT – your token is restricted to the email domain @bournemouth.ac.uk, which means you can only use this token if you register with this email domain.
- An activation link will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. You must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you login. NOTE: If you do not receive this email, check your SPAM mail.
- Once registration is complete, you can log in by following this link: https://courses.epigeum.com/login
Other training opportunities for Staff and PGRs:
- For Staff: RKE Development Framework – Legal, BU Sponsorship & Governance Workshop – contact Organisational Development. See Research & Knowledge Exchange Development Framework Programme.
- For PGRs: PGR Development Workshops (Ethics: Ethical value, practice and standards and Research ethics approval process at BU) – contact the Doctoral College
- For Staff: Doctoral Supervision – contact the Doctoral College
- For Staff: Experienced Supervisory Development – contact the Doctoral College
Medical Research Council (MRC Regulatory Support Centre) has useful onlines resources available (they are free to access, all you need to do is set up an user account) see:
- Research, GDPR and confidentiality