When a Supervisor forwards a checklist online, you will receive an automated email which tells you that a checklist has arrived online to review (OEC Admin System). As Ethics Champion is it your responsiblity to review the checklist to make sure you are satisfied that the student has clearly identified any potential risk and explained how they’ll deal with that risk.
- If you think that not all risks have been considered or some of the answers or questions have not been appropriately addressed, you can return the checklist to the student online. Once the student resubmits, the checklist will go to the Supervisor for review, who will forward it online for final review.
- If you think the checklist is complete and the supporting documentation (such as participant information and agreement form) are suitable for use, you can approve the checklist online.
- Guidance for Ethics Champions on how to use Cohort
- See Review and Approval workflow process for low risk projects
- What to expect when completing the checklist – this guide provides an overview of the questions that appear in the ethics checklist and is useful to refer to when reviewing your student’s PDF ethics checklist