Good Clinical Practice training
GCP is the international ethical, scientific and practical standard to which all clinical research is conducted. By undertaking GCP, you’re able to demonstrate the rights, safety and well-being of your research participants are protected, and that the data collected are reliable.
GCP training should be refreshed every 2 years in line with our training policy, which you can read here.
- Good Clinical Practice Refresher, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Education Centre, Tuesday 1st October, 2:00pm – 4:30pm;
- Introduction to Good Clinical Practice, Dorset County Hospital, Education Centre, Thursday 10th October, 9:00am – 4:30pm.
If you would like to know dates for sessions further afield (i.e. Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester and Portsmouth), please email Research Ethics.
Please note, refresher sessions and the online refresher training are only available to those that have undertaken the Introduction to Good Clinical Practice course, within the last 2 years.
If you’re interested in attending GCP training, please email Research Ethics to find out how to book onto a session.
Other local training
- NIHR CRN Valid Informed Consent training, Wednesday 9th October, 8:30am – 1:00pm, Seminar Room 1, Education Centre, Poole Hospital, Longfleet Road, Poole, BH15 2JB.
Email Research Ethics to find out how to book onto one of these sessions.
*National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network
- Locally-run Valid Informed Consent training – contact Research Ethics for further information and to schedule a time that suits you.
- There are also free online modules surrounding areas such as consent with adults lacking capacity, and the Good Clinical Practice e-learning modules, via the NIHR Learn website;
- Similarly, the Health Research Authority offer free e-learning, and learning tailored to student researchers and their supervisors;
- The Medical Research Council offer e-learning modules via their Learning Management System. e-learning courses include:
- Good Research Practice
- Research, GDPR and Confidentiality
- Research and human tissue legislation
- All courses are free to access – all you need to do is set up an account and make a start!