Resources to support you through the Covid-19 pandemic
The NIHR Learn platform now contains a number of resources to offer guidance and support to help researchers during the pandemic.
There are resources in the following areas:
- Understanding the science of Covid-19
- Leading in uncertain times
- Conveying Difficult Information to patients and relatives
- Personal resilience
- Remote working
- Online Webinars and Events
Once you are on the system, click on ‘Bite-sized Learning’ from the options and then select ‘Resources to support you through the Covid-19 pandemic’.
Good Clinical Practice face-to-face training
GCP is the international ethical, scientific and practical standard to which all clinical research is conducted. By undertaking GCP, you’re able to demonstrate the rights, safety and well-being of your research participants are protected, and that the data collected are reliable.
GCP training should be refreshed every 2 years in line with our training policy, which you can read here.
Please note due to current advice and as a result of COVID-19, courses are cancelled until 31st August 2020.
Online GCP training
You can undertake the training online by registering for an account here. On this website you can find full GCP e-learning, GCP refresher e-learning and also training surrounding areas such as informed consent in adults lacking capacity.
Please note, refresher sessions and the online refresher training are only available to those that have undertaken the Introduction to Good Clinical Practice course or e-learning, within the last 2 years.
If you’re interested in attending GCP training, please email Research Ethics to find out how to book onto a session.
Other local training
Please note due to current advice as a result of COVID-19, National Institute for Health Research Informed Consent courses have been postponed.
Email Research Ethics to find out the next available sessions.
Locally-run Valid Informed Consent training is available – contact Research Ethics for further information and to schedule a time that suits you.
Research & Knowledge Exchange Development Framework (RKEDF)
As part of the RKEDF Academics and Researchers can book onto the following sessions, either as a one-to-one meeting or a bespoke team session:
- Clinical Research – documentation and filing
- NHS site set-up of research and overview of approval process:
- Good Clinical Practice ‘Lite’
- Overview of NIHR, CRNs and NIHR portfolio
If you are a PGR, there is also a Clinical Governance workshop as part of the Researcher Development Programme.
- There are also free online modules surrounding areas such as consent with adults lacking capacity, and the Good Clinical Practice e-learning modules, via the NIHR Learn website;
- Similarly, the Health Research Authority offer free e-learning, and learning tailored to student researchers and their supervisors;
- The Medical Research Council offer e-learning modules via their Learning Management System. e-learning courses include:
- Good Research Practice
- Research, GDPR and Confidentiality
- Research and human tissue legislation
- All courses are free to access – all you need to do is set up an account and make a start!