Good Clinical Practice training
GCP is the international ethical, scientific and practical standard to which all clinical research is conducted. By undertaking GCP, you’re able to demonstrate the rights, safety and well-being of your research participants are protected, and that the data collected are reliable.
GCP training should be refreshed every 2 years in line with our training policy, which you can read here.
- Introduction to Good Clinical Practice, Education Centre, Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on Monday 15th July, 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- Good Clinical Practice Refresher, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Education Centre, Wednesday 14th August, 9:00am – 12:30pm.
Please note, refresher sessions and the online refresher training are only available to those that have undertaken the Introduction to Good Clinical Practice course, within the last 2 years.
If you’re interested in attending GCP training, please email Research Ethics to find out how to book onto one of the above sessions.
Other local training
- NIHR CRN Valid Informed Consent training, Friday 9th August, 8:30am – 12:30pm, Seminar Room, Level C, West Wing, NIHR WTCRF, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD;
- NIHR CRN Valid Informed Consent training, Friday 9th August, 1:00pm – 5:00pm, Seminar Room, Level C, West Wing, NIHR WTCRF, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD.
Email Research Ethics to find out how to book onto one of these sessions.
*National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network
- Locally-run Valid Informed Consent training – contact Research Ethics for further information and to schedule a time that suits you.
- There are also free online modules surrounding areas such as consent with adults lacking capacity, and the Good Clinical Practice e-learning modules, via the NIHR Learn website;
- Similarly, the Health Research Authority offer free e-learning, and learning tailored to student researchers and their supervisors;
- The Medical Research Council offer e-learning modules via their Learning Management System. e-learning courses include:
- Good Research Practice
- Research, GDPR and Confidentiality
- Research and human tissue legislation
- All courses are free to access – all you need to do is set up an account and make a start!