Good Clinical Practice training
GCP is the international ethical, scientific and practical standard to which all clinical research is conducted. By undertaking GCP, you’re able to demonstrate the rights, safety and well-being of your research participants are protected, and that the data collected are reliable.
GCP training should be refreshed every 2 years in line with our training policy, which you can read here.
- Introduction to Good Clinical Practice, Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on Tuesday 12th March, 8:45am – 4:30pm;
- Introduction to Good Clinical Practice, Lansdowne Campus, Bournemouth University on Wednesday 15th May, 8:45am – 4:30pm.
- Good Clinical Practice Refresher, Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust on Friday 12th April, 9:00am – 12:30pm.
Please note, the refresher sessions are only available to those that have undertaken the Introduction to Good Clinical Practice course, within the last 2 years.
If you’re interested in attending GCP training, please email Research Ethics to find out how to book onto one of the above sessions.
Other local training
- NIHR CRN Valid Informed Consent training, Wednesday 27th March, 8:45am – 1:00pm, Sovereign Room, Unit 7, CRN Wessex, Berrywood Business Village, Tollbar Way, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2UN. Email Research Ethics to find out how to book onto this session.
- Locally-run Valid Informed Consent training – contact Research Ethics for further information and to schedule a time that suits you.
- There are also free online modules surrounding areas such as consent with adults lacking capacity, and the Good Clinical Practice e-learning modules, via the NIHR Learn website;
- Similarly, the Health Research Authority offer free e-learning, and learning tailored to student researchers and their supervisors;
- The Medical Research Council offer e-learning modules via their Learning Management System.