- Participant Information Sheet template (PI Sheet) for general use – make sure you read the associated ‘How to prepare….’ guidance
- Participant Agreement Form template (PAF) PAF current
- Exemplar Participant Assent Form (kindly provided by Dr Fiona Ling)
- Exemplar Participant Information Sheet/Assent Form (kindly provided by Mark Moseley, PGR)
- External guidance on how to produce an information sheet for children (http://www.hra-decisiontools.org.uk/consent/examples.html) – please refer to section ‘Children and Young people (UK wide)‘
- Global kids Online provides tools and example participant agreement forms for working with children and schools (http://globalkidsonline.net/tools/qualitative/)
Participant Information Template for a questionnaire or online survey
Remember depending on your research, you may need to consider using a number of different forms or adapted version of the forms as follows:
Agreement form for Adults
Agreement form for parent/guardians
Assent form (for young people who are agreeing to take part (under 16)). When involving children with a wide age range, it might be appropriate to provide separate PI Sheets for the different age groups. Always tailor your PI Sheet to the participant.
Research activities such as data collection should not commence before the online ethics checklist (including participant information/agreement forms if relevant) has been approved.