Further to a meeting of colleagues interested in the Leisure and Recreation Theme in May an agenda for collaboration is gradually developing around a series of ideas. These include:
- Organizing 2 academic/professional conferences,
- Bidding for an ESRC Seminar series,
- Exploring policy areas relating to healthy leisure, developing a Healthy Leisure, Healthy Living Research Group (and possibly others),
- Running an internal seminar series next academic year
- Developing events for the festival of learning
- Holding an Internal Research conference looking specifically at Leisure and Recreation, highlighting work across university.
- Creating a virtual poster conference for students and staff
- Organizing a joint Workshop with the Centre for Qualitative Research featuring Robert Mugerauer, from the University of Washington.
- Developing a short film project that will equip colleagues with the skills to produce short films to help disseminate research to students and the broader public.
For more information on these and other ideas, to include yourself in the e-mail circulation list or to suggest ideas of your own please contact Sean Beer (firstname.lastname@example.org)