This month the Knowledge Exchange and Impact Team (based in the Research and Knowledge Exchange Office in Melbury House – do come say hello!) have been working hard to support BU – here are just a few of the things we’re proud to be supporting!
– The fifth Bournemouth Research Chronicle has been published featuring interdisciplinary research from across BU, copies have been posted to all academic members of staff (we had a delightful afternoon of envelope stuffing to achieve that one!) and you can also view it online here.
– The latest round of Undergraduate Research Assistantships received 37 applications of which 21 have been awarded – congratulations to all successful applicants
– The Faculty of Media and Communications have just submitted thier first Knowledge Transfer Partnership application of the year (one of around 6 applications we put in each year from BU)
– HEIF has been reciving excellent media coverage recently as HEFCE research has shown that Knowledge exchange funding delivers £9.70 for every pound invested
– We have two upcoming events for the University of the Third Age, the first is taking place Monday 21st March at the Bournemouth Sewage Works, exploring the Microbiology of Sewage as part of a SFAM funded series of events. The second is happening on Wednesday 30th March in the EBC with a series of health related lectures taking place throguhout the day.
– Heather Hartwell’s FoodSMART event is coming up on Wednesday 18 May. The event is for businesses and organisations in a range of sectors: food, tourism, hospitality and organisations with a nutrition/health focus to include sport organisations and healthcare professionals; as well as to technology companies due to the innovative nature of the new app, delivering personalised advice when eating out. Please can you circulate to your networks. In particular, Alumni are encouraged to come along for the day and an additional drinks reception will be available following the main event for them. Due to limited numbers, we ask staff members to contact Carmen if they would like to join us on the day – Carmen Palhau Martins – email@example.com instead of booking through Eventbrite.