Join us on Friday 27 May at 14.30 for a series of lightening talks from BU academics, to find out how their research is making a difference.
The short talks will highlight some key impact case studies that were submitted to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) in 2014 and others that are currently in development. This is an excellent opportunity to hear about a wide range of inspiring research from across BU, presenting key insights into all stages of the impact pathway.
Speakers will include;
- Peter Thomas (Health and Social Sciences)
- Dinusha Mendis (Management)
- Mark Hadfield (Science & Technology)
- Ian Stephenson (Media & Communication)
- Chindu Sreedharan (Media & Communication)
- Raian Ali and Keith Phalp (Science & Technology)
- Heather Hartwell (Management)
- Richard Stillman (Science & Technology)
- Einar Thorsen (Media & Communication)
- Sarah Bate (Science & Technology)
The session will take place in Kimmeridge House (KG03) Talbot campus from 14.30 – 15.30, with networking and refreshments until 16.00.
This session forms part of a series of research impact seminars and workshops, organised by RKEO to explore the various pathways to achieving societal and economic impact. Within the series, attendees will explore methods for effectively engaging a variety of research users throughout the research process, and develop new ways to plan, deliver and evidence impact.