The research councils are replacing their electronic grants submission service, Je-S, in 2017. More information about this project can be found here http://www.rcuk.ac.uk/funding/2017update/
They are looking for more people to get involved in user research. Can you help?
Initially they are looking for researchers; they need to test with both people who have never applied for a research grant through the Je-S system before as well as those who are more frequent applicants. At this stage they will predominantly be testing prototypes with users. User testing will be carried out throughout the year in a number of formats, such as site visits, remotely over Skype, or through labs where users go to a central location nearby.
Test sessions will take between half an hour to an hour. If you are interested in being a tester then please can you let me, Jo Garrad, know by 15th July 2016. You will need to provide me with the following information:
- Academic Discipline (high level)
- Email address and telephone number
- Have you got experience of applying for grants? yes/no
- Are you likely to apply for grants in the future but haven’t done so to date? yes/no
- Do you work in a research development, finance or other research office role? yes/no
- Have you conducted peer reviews for the Research Councils or any other funder before? yes/no
- Have you sat on an assessment or moderating panel for the Research Councils or any funder before? yes/no