AHRC Cross-Disciplinary Networking and Information Event (Town Meeting) on Anti-Microbial Resistance in the Indoor and Built Environment
|Event date||Event time||Event location|
|30/11/2016||10:00 am – 3:30 pm||Amba Hotel, Bryanston St, London|
The event will provide an opportunity to discuss the potential innovative contribution of the arts and humanities to cross-disciplinary collaborative research on AMR. (See the pre-call announcement).
The meeting will start at 10.30am (registration from 10.00am) and finish around 3.30pm, and participants will be able to:
- hear background on the Research Councils AMR initiative and the AHRC-led call on AMR in the Indoor and Built Environment
- network and explore possible research partnerships and collaborations to support potential future applications under the call
- speak to Research Council staff about possible applications.
Who is the event for?
The event is open to academic researchers, both from the arts and humanities and other relevant research fields, who are interested in cross-disciplinary research relating to AMR in the built environment and to potential partners from outside academia who might be interested in the opportunity to initiate possible collaborations that might lead to research bids. Arts and Humanities researchers with related interests and expertise but who may not have previously engaged directly with AMR are welcome to attend to learn more about potential opportunities in this area.
The event provides a chance to:
- find out about the cross-Council AMR initiative and the AHRC-led call for pump-priming grants on AMR in the Indoor and Built Environment due to be launched in November 2016
- discuss with experts the challenges and opportunities of interdisciplinary working and co-delivery with end-users in this field
- put questions about the funding call direct to funders
- network with potential collaborators from other discipline areas or as end-users of research.
How to Register
If you are interested in attending the event please contact AMR@ahrc.ac.uk confirming your interest and providing a brief summary of no more than 300 words, outlining your current role/ organisational affiliation and relevant research / professional expertise as well as briefly stating your potential interest in the AMR in the Built/ Indoor Environment funding call.
Please Note: For those invited to attend the event this summary information will be shared among other participants to support the networking aspects of the event. Your application therefore needs to include a statement confirming that you are happy for this information to be shared with other participants if invited to attend the event.
The closing date for expressing your interest in attending the event is 20 November 2016.
For more information regarding the event please contact Samuel Lambshead 01793 416000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in attending the town meeting then please let the RKEO Funding Development Team know as we would be interested in receiving a summary of the meeting.