The ESRC wishes to invite proposals for a Leadership co-ordinator to provide intellectual leadership for, and to maximise the impact of the portfolio of recently commissioned 25 UK in a Changing Europe Brexit Priority Grants. In addition, the Leadership coordinator will also co-ordinate activity associated with the proposed Governance after Brexit programme and assist in scoping out additional future research activity on the longer-term impact of Brexit and other governance-related issues.
The Leadership Co-ordinator will play a vital role in:
- Co-ordinating activities of the 25 UK in a Changing Europe (UKICE) Brexit Priority Grants, including:
- liaising as appropriate with Brexit Priority Grant holders
- connecting and communicating findings and outcomes with users
- generating evidence and maximising the impact of the Grant’s policy agenda through engagement with a range of policymakers (especially government departments) and stakeholders both in the UK and internationally.
- Supporting the activities of the UK in a Changing Europe initiative, and collaborating with the Director and Deputy Director accordingly. This will include working closely and meeting regularly with the UKICE Director.
- Providing strategic and intellectual leadership over the ESRC’s wider research plans in the area of democracy and governance, identifying synergies as appropriate and supporting the development of a cohesive portfolio.
- Finalising research priorities for the Governance after Brexit programme and co-ordinating activity supported through this investment.
This is a complex and fast-moving portfolio, and therefore it is anticipated that the appointment will possess senior level expertise in this area. It is anticipated that appointment will be made at the level of senior fellow. The Leadership Coordinator will also need to be based at an eligible UK Research Organisation (RO).
- Further details on the UK in a Changing Europe initiative.
The maximum budget for the post is £410,000 at 100% fEC. In accordance with RCUK policy, the ESRC will contribute up to 80% of fEC.This budget is expected to cover the Leadership Coordinator’s salary costs, additional research salary costs, any support staff, as well as networking, travel, dissemination, knowledge exchange and impact activities. Applications should be submitted through the Je-S system by 16:00 on the closing date on 23 August 2017. You will need to contact your RKEO Funding Development Officer in the first instance.
The appointment is for a fixed period of 40 months. The successful individual should take up the post on 1 December 2017.