Through BU’s subscription to UKRO, we have been advised of the following news items, which represent a ‘mere taster’ of all the updates provided by UKRO to their members.
To make full use of BU’s subscription to this service, why not register now?
Events and Funding Opportunities:
- Pre-registration is open now for the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the European Union ‘European Research Excellence – Impact and Value for Society’ conference on 12 October 2017 in Tallinn. For more information and the agenda please click here.
- MSCA: Call for Fellows to Join ‘Science is wonder-ful!’ Events in Brussels dates cover Aug to October.
- ICT Proposers’ Day 2017 will take place on 9 and 10 November in Budapest. This networking event centres on European ICT Research & Innovation with a special focus on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme for 2018-20.
- Call for Tenders: Technology Foresight Activities of the European Defence Agency, closing date 13.10.17.
- Call Pre-Announcement: ‘Public Spaces: Culture and Integration’ – HERA JRP. The Humanities in the European Research Area (HERA) Network is planning to implement a new Joint Research Programme under the theme “Public Spaces: Culture and Integration in Europe” (HERA JRP PS). This programme will be implemented and funded by 24 humanities funding organisations with the support of the European Union and is subject to the signature of the Grant Agreement with the European Commission for co-funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. The expected publication date of the Call for Proposals for this HERA Joint Research Programme is 24 August 2017, with the deadline for submitting Outline Proposals on 24 October 2017. Please note that these dates may still be subject to changes.
- Call for Tender: The Set Up and Implementation of Erasmus+ Virtual Exchanges (EVE), closing date 22.9.17. The purpose of this call is to set up and implement the ‘Erasmus+ virtual exchanges’ initiative, called EVE, linking countries’ young people, youth workers, youth organisations, students and academics from European and southern Mediterranean using online learning activities and technology-enabled solutions in order to strengthen people-to-people contacts and intercultural dialogue. This call has an estimated total value of 950,000 EUR.
Funding Development and Support:
- Presentations Available from Infoday on Preparatory Action in Defence Research. The European Commission (DG GROW) and the European Defence Agency (EDA) ran an Infoday and Brokerage event to inform interested parties on the Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR) and the details of the calls for proposals published on 7 June.
Please note: You will need to sign in or register, as a BU staff member, to access many of these items, as part of BU’s UKRO subscription. Links have only been given to resources in the public domain.
If considering applying to EU calls, please contact Emily Cieciura, RKEO’s Research Facilitator: EU & International, to access further support.