Why is evaluation important in public engagement? And how do you do it effectively?
We are delighted to have teamed up with the National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE), who will deliver this bespoke session for BU researchers.
This interactive course will encourage participants to think about why evaluation is important, look at ways to get started, explore different techniques they can use, and consider what findings can tell the participant and their organisation or funder. With an emphasis on how to conduct evaluation, participating in practical activities and discussion as together the workshop facilitators and attendees will demystify evaluation and find the fun in revealing and identifying participants’ effectiveness.
These sessions are aimed at people with experience of public engagement with research; however, the session will be open to all experience levels.
- To develop an awareness of the value and importance of evaluating public engagement.
- To gain familiarity with the process of evaluation and the usefulness of planning.
- To consider the uses of evaluation including improving activities; sharing good practice and reporting.
- To begin to explore the issues and challenges of evaluating public engagement.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Have a greater understanding and awareness of the importance of evaluating public engagement
- Understand the processes of evaluation and how to plan for it.
It is a condition of booking that the attendee agrees that their contact email will be shared with the NCCPE for the purposes of programme administration.
|Evaluation: Developing your approach||Tuesday 12th April 2022||14:00-16:30||Online|
To book a place on this workshop please complete the booking form.