You may wish to work in higher education in an administration and management role, ensuring the university is effectively led, managed and supported. There is a huge variety in the number and type of roles available in areas such as:
- Research support – advising academics on applications for research funding, supporting the management of live grants, facilitating public engagement with research, supporting research and academic staff to develop their careers, etc.
- Marketing and communications – deals with how the university is perceived externally, student recruitment and outreach, marketing campaigns, PR and press, etc.
- International office – supports the recruitment, induction and support of international students.
- Student services – co-ordinates aspects of welfare support, careers guidance, placement service, educational resources (such as libraries, etc.), etc.
- Development and alumni relations – develops relationships with external partners and alumni, and encourages financial sponsorship and donations.
Dr Corrina Osborne is Head of Academic Operations at BU, working in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor. She spent a number of years working as a researcher before making the transition to a career in university administration and management. Read Corrina’s case study for information on her career progression.
This blogs provide me various roles for working. Excellent post. There’s a quite a lot to learn from you and your blogs, awesome sharing thank you so much.
Thanks for sharing keep goin very comrehensive.
good planning, can be a good career too