Following on from the recent AHRC/Radio 3 New Generation Thinkers pilot scheme and the over-subscribed AHRC Broadcast Media workshops , the AHRC will be running four further broadcast media training events across the UK in July and September 2011.
These events will allow early career researchers in the arts and humanities to benefit from a day of radio/broadcast training.
Each workshop will be led by at least three production and editorial staff from national broadcasters, including Radio Five.
Each day-long workshop will consist of:
· an introduction to programme-making;
· what you need to do to become the expert that programme producers will value;
· best practice tips based on experiences of academics already successful in broadcast media;
· developing and pitching your programme idea based on your research
· one to one sessions with a broadcaster for those who want detailed feedback on their programme idea.
With each workshop having only forty spaces available we will be allocating those spaces to the first forty people to email applying for a space. The four workshops will take place as follows:
1 – London July 8th
2 – Northumbria University July 11th
3 – London September 16th
4 – Manchester Metropolitan University September 19th
To apply to attend one of these workshops you need to email Jake Gilmore (firstname.lastname@example.org) and put your preferred venue and date in the subject line e.g. London July 8th.