NIHR Research Design Service are pleased to offer the opportunity to attend the next in its series of ‘Researcher Road Shows’ – Using health and social care datasets in research: Practical advice to support your research journey.
This event is taking place via Zoom and is aimed at all those seeking practical guidance on how to find, access and gain approvals to use health datasets, including early career researchers:
Monday 15 March, 10am to 2.30pm: ‘Lifting the Lid on Data – Meet the Data Custodians’
- HQIP Datasets & top tips for accessing (Yvonne Silove)
- NHS Digital Datasets & top tips for accessing (Garry Coleman)
- Morning event close and details of this afternoon (Martin Williams)
- GP Data (Kathryn Salt)
- COVID-19 Data (Richard Irvine)
Wednesday 17 March, 10am to 2.30pm: ‘Navigating the system’
- Research Approvals for Data-Driven Research (Alex Bailey)
- Introducing the Innovation Gateway – the journey so far (Paola Quattroni & Peggy Barthes-Streit)
- Recent Changes in Health Data Governance (Alex Bailey)
- Innovation Gateway working session: from data discovery to access (Susheel Varma)
Your local branch of the NIHR RDS (Research Design Service) is based within the BU Clinical Research Unit (BUCRU)
We can help with your application. We advise on all aspects of developing an application and can review application drafts as well as put them to a mock funding panel (run by RDS South West) known as Project Review Committee, which is a fantastic opportunity for researchers to obtain a critical review of a proposed grant application before this is sent to a funding body.
Contact us as early as possible to benefit fully from the advice
Feel free to call us on 01202 961939 or send us an email.