have shifted their focus to build on momentum to accelerate sector growth. To achieve this, in terms of innovation funding, a number of sectors are being addressed including Emerging and Enabling Technologies. These include:
- Quantum Technolgies
- Forensic Science
KTP calls are also refelecting these sectors.
There are a number of ways in which you can keep up to date with what is happening in these areas providing up-to-date information on funding opportuntites, news and events happening.
Useful information :
Innovate UK Delivery Plan 2016/2017 (Page 12 more information on the key sectors)
Knowledge Transfer Networks – stay connected
The Knowledge Transfer Network is organising a webinar to promote a new Innovate UK competition that will open in 2016.
Innovate UK is allocating up to £1.5m for their “Energy Game Changer” competition. The funding will be allocated to feasibility studies led by SMEs who can provide disruptive solutions to long established challenges which currently cost the energy sector hundreds of millions of pounds per year.
Amongst the high level challenges where radical multi-disciplinary solutions are sought are:
- improving condition monitoring, inspection, handling, characterisation and repair of energy assets
- minimising the risk and cost of operating in remote and hazardous environments
- generating and handling ‘big data’ to optimise performance, efficiency, safety and security
- getting individuals and communities excited and engaged in energy reducing the consumers energy bills
To encourage radical change and new ideas, the competition is specifically looking for solutions from innovative SMEs whose main business is divorced from the energy sector and can look at the challenges from new perspectives. Such organisations may be engaged in activities such as; ICT, digital, design, electronics, sensors, modelling, virtual reality, gaming, robotics, UAVs, forensics, manufacturing, inspection and advanced materials.
We also welcome technology transfer ideas from other sectors such as; defence, automotive, medical, space and creative industries.
Innovate UK is looking to fund around 20 feasibility studies of between £50-100k in size and 6-12 month duration.
The information webinar will give you the opportunity to:
- understand the background to the competition
- hear about the specific challenges and competition scope in more detail
- hear about the competitions eligibility criteria, application process, funding and timescales
- ask online questions
- network online
- Further physical events are scheduled for 2016.
For more information and to register click here.
Innovate UK has launched a funding competition for feasibility studies with up to two million pounds funding available.
The competition is open only to small and micro companies (click here for eligibility) across the following technology sectors:
Electronics, Sensors & Photonics
Information & Communications Technology
A briefing event for this competition was held on 25 November. You can view the webinar recording here.
For any queries on this competition, please contact email@example.com.