- Wednesday 9th February at 3-5pm in the Bournemouth Gateway Building BGG16
- Wednesday 20th March 2-4pm
- Tuesday 10th May 2-4pm
- Tuesday 5th July 10am-12pm
Tagged / EndNote
On Tuesday 6 July 2021 we will be upgrading to EndNote 20 from EndNote X.9
- Users who access EndNote via AppsAnywhere on Windows machines will see it added to the list of applications
- Users who have EndNote installed locally on Windows machines can discuss upgrading with BU IT Services
- Users with a BU Mac can install it in the normal way; if it needs to be installed on a personal Mac please contact BU IT Services
This is a significant upgrade for a number of reasons and users of EndNote should be aware of the implications for their work.
- EndNote is moving to 64bit technology. In practice this means that once you open an EndNote library in EndNote 20 (actually X.9.3 or later) the library is not backwardly compatible with earlier versions, i.e., X9.2 or earlier
- There has been a significant revision to the interface, more so than in previous updates, so familiarisation with the changes will be necessary.
What should I do?
Users should make compressed backups of their libraries in advance of converting them for use with EndNote 20. It would also be useful to review more detailed information about the impact of the changes, which is available in the BU library guide for EndNote desktop . Virtual drop-in sessions will be scheduled for after the launch to support users and the Faculty/School library teams are also available to answer questions.
Library & Learning Support team
Tired of writing references by hand? Exhausted by the piles of printed PDFs on your desk? Desperately seeking the paperless office? Then attend our workshop and learn what EndNote can do to help you manage references and write for publication. This will cover:
- The role of EndNote in the research workflow
- Reference collation and management
- Full text harvesting
- Writing for publication; citation and reference creation
Skills learned through this course align with BU2025 actions 22a (collaborating with peer institutions world-wide, developing and sharing expertise), 28a, 28b and 28c (“internationally excellent and world-leading research”; increase in “research and knowledge exchange funding”; “developing of “impact”).
- Wednesday 27th March 2019 : 10am – 12pm
- Thursday 23rd May 2019 : 2pm-4pm
Book your place through this link.
The library is offering a workshop on EndNote.
We will show you how to use EndNote to manage your citations and keep track of your literature.
Follow this link for further information: https://staffintranet.bournemouth.ac.uk/workingatbu/staffdevelopmentandengagement/fusiondevelopment/fusionprogrammesandevents/rkedevelopmentframework/skillsdevelopment/managingyourcitationsusingendnotedesktop/
We look forward to seeing you at this workshop.
José López Blanco
Faculty Librarian (Faculty of Health and Social Sciences)