IInnovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) are to invest up to £13 million in quantum technologies.
The aim of this competition is to encourage collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects and feasibility studies that will either:
- develop prototype devices and demonstrators of quantum technologies or their component technologies
- improve the understanding of the technical, business or market challenges of taking a new device or service to market
The devices may be:
- other devices that use quantum effects of superposition or entanglement
Proposals must be collaborative and a UK-based business must lead the project.
This is a single-stage competition. Two streams are running to support technologies at different stages of development:
- feasibility studies: Projects should last between 6 and 12 months with costs from £50,000 to £500,000
- collaborative R&D: Projects should last between 12 and 18 months with costs from £500,000 to £2 million
To lead a project you must:
- be a UK-based business of any size or a research and technology organisation (RTO) working within the limits that are provided in the guidance for applicants
- carry out the project in the UK
- work in collaboration with others (businesses, research base or third sector)
- Competition opens: 30 January
- Register: Midday 29 March
- Apply before: Midday 5 April
For more information:
Competion guidance and project briefs click here
If you are interested in submitting to this call you must contact your RKEO Funding Development Officer with adequate notice before the deadline.
For more funding opportunities that are most relevant to you, you can set up your own personalised alerts on Research Professional. If you need help setting these up, just ask your School’s/Faculty’s Funding Development Officer in RKEO or view the recent blog post here.
If thinking of applying, why not add notification of your interest on Research Professional’s record of the bid so that BU colleagues can see your intention to bid and contact you to collaborate.