Every week I receive an email from UKRO updating me on the EU-related activities including funding calls, info days, tenders and other news which helps keep me up to date with the EU. As this blog can be accessed externally, we cannot give you all the information that they email, but you can get the full subscriber experience by registering at the UKRO website.
Highlights from the most recent email are:
- UKRO ITN (Innovative Training Network) event on 7/10/15 – please see the previous blog post about this event
- ERC Consolidator Grant Information sessions – see University of Sheffield on 3/11/15 and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on 6/11/15 to register
- Info Week for Societal Challenge 2 (Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, maritime and maritime inland water research and bio-economy) runs from 24/11/2015 to 27/11/2015
- Experts are required for EC non-food Scientific Committees in the topic areas of Consumer Safety and Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks – deadline 2/11/15
- Did you miss the H2020 Co-ordinators’ Day on 8/9/15? You can see videos of the presentations to find out more about H2020 project management
- The draft Work Programmes are being made available. Please note that they are still under review and should not be assumed to be finalised
- EU and China have launched a new Co-Funding Mechanism for research and innovation
Also being discussed on planet EU:
- ResearchProfessional are reporting on changes to demand management within Horizon 2020 (log-in to our institutional account to read more)
- There are concerns about a move to an increased emphasis on applied research and product development within the H2020 Societal Challenges Pillar, according to a freely available article from ResearchResearch.
If you would like further assistance in developing your EU knowledge and engagement, please contact Emily Cieciura, Research Facilitator: EU & International