Invited Speaker: Dr Ema Tanaka (Meiji Unversity, Japan)
Method: Skype meeting
- The concept of the ‘Playable city’ will be introduced in the community branding context by Dr Tanaka.
- Dr Tanaka is an ECR who is specialised in the field of transformational future of organisations and human beings in the era of advanced technologies, and one of her main research areas is the well-being of the elderly citizens with Pokemon-Go games in Tokyo. From some empirical studies conducted by the University of Tokyo also suggest that Pokemon Go is contributing to the middle-aged citizens’ well-being.
- During this talk session, we will discuss ‘a game and the health in the communities’, ‘the movement and the impact of ‘Sport in life’, and ‘the possibility to support disaster victimised areas (e.g., Fukushima and Kumamoto)’.
- This session will provide unique topics in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), such as ‘Goal 3: Good Health and well-being’, ‘Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure’, ’Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities’, and ’Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals’.
- This session also aligns with BU2025 strategic investment areas (SIAs), Animation, Simulation & Visualisation and Assistive Technology
- The BU ECRs, PhD researchers, and MSc students are broadly invited to this session.
- The session will be facilitated by Dr Hiroko Oe with a contributors, Mr. Gideon Adu-Gyamfi and Mr Adriano Manna (MSc International Management).
*For more details, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org