Back in April 2011 we launched the BU Open Access Publication Fund. This is a dedicated central budget that has been launched in response to, and in support of, developments in research communication and publication trends. The fund is also to support research in complying with some of the major funding bodies who have introduced open access publishing requirements as a condition of their grants.
The fund is available for use by any BU author ready to submit a completed article for publication who wishes to make their output freely and openly accessible.
A revised Application and Approval Procedures and Policy has recently been approved by URKEC. To apply to the BU Open Access publication fund, please see below:
1. All applications should consist of the following information
- A copy of the manuscript
- Declaration that no external publishing funds are available
- Email confirmation (normally from UoA leader – refer here for REF UoA Teams) in support for the application and their indicative star ranking of the proposed open access publication based on the REF criteria for assessing quality of outputs.
3. All decisions regarding funding will be made in consultation with the relevant UoA Leader(s), Outputs champion(s) or DDRPP.
4. All Open Access Funding applications received at OpenAccess@bournemouth.ac.uk will be considered within FIVE working days, after which the applicants will be contacted either to provide more information or with information regarding the outcome of their application.
If you have any questions about the Fund then please direct them to OpenAccess@bournemouth.ac.uk
Further information: BU OA Publication Fund Application and Approval Procedures and Policy