The Royal Society are inviting applications to the Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme. The purpose of the scheme is to give academics in UK Universities practical experience the latest science, research and innovation in industry. The scheme allows for the successful translation of academic research into industry and likewise for the growth of entrepreneurial culture within universities. The close working with industry will also help with developing relevant curricula to produce graduates ready to work in industry.
The scheme covers residencies in all areas of the Natural science except for clinical medicine. The scheme will contribute up to £40k over two years towards salary (0.2 FTE) and travel or project costs.
For further information please contact Ehren Milner (email@example.com).
NERC are seeking to award a number of part-time Knowledge Exchange Fellows (KE Fellows) and Policy Placement Fellows, whose objective will be to increase the impact of NERC-funded science through a programme of work of their own choosing.
The KE Fellowships are intended to enable the sharing and flow of knowledge and expertise between the NERC funded researchers and their user communities. The KE Fellows can be a focus for a school /department KE activity arising from NERC funded research. It is understood that in some cases a mix of funding will lead to an opportunity to generate impact but it is essential that NERC funding has played a key role.
Focus of the Fellowships
The applications should focus on accelerating and amplifying economic impact and improvements in the quality of life from NERC-funded research through working with business, NGOs or government bodies. This could include:
- strengthening existing partnerships
- developing new relationships
- researching new market opportunities
- providing case studies of knowledge exchange from NERC-funded research
- providing briefings and reports suitable for policymakers
Details of the two types of fellowship are:
1. Knowledge Exchange Fellowships (KE Fellowships)
- Up to four fellowships are available for those who submit a work plan of their own choosing to generate impact from NERC-funded research in their host institution.
- KE Fellowships will cover the KE Fellow’s salary including superannuation, NI and specific allowances, plus up to £40k for travel and other associated work plan costs.
- KE Fellowships are based in the institution where they are employed, and open to researchers at any stage of their career.
- KE Fellows can last for a minimum of one year to a maximum of three years. Candidates can apply to spend between 20% and 80% of their time on the fellowship.
- KE Fellows have to be employed by the host institution for the duration of their fellowship.
2. Policy Placement Fellowships
- Must be organised in collaboration with a policy-making body, for example a government department, devolved administration or agency. The placement is for a fixed term, for a specific project.
- Placement is jointly funded by NERC and the partner organisation on a 50:50 basis.
- Minimum length of placement will be six months and the maximum three years.
- Placement fellows will be expected to spend at least 50% of their fellowship in the partner organisation’s offices, although some work might require time to be spent at other locations in the UK or abroad.
Closing date for applications: 10 June 2013
Interview dates: 16-18 July 2013
For further information on how to apply please visit the NERC website
Alternatively, if you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call Lynne Porter on 01793 411791.