As Supervisor it is your responsibility to REVIEW your student’s ethics checklist (including participant documentation such as the information sheet and agreement form), to make sure the checklist is complete and the student has clearly identified potential risk and discussed how they intend to mitigate against risk. If the checklist has not been completed properly, you can return the checklist to student online.
Once you are satisfied that the checklist is ready to be approved, you will either:
APPROVE if the checklist has been identified as low risk OR
FORWARD the checklist to the Ethics Programme Team if the checklist has been identifed as high risk. Risk is identified by the responses given to the questions.
To review the student checklist to review and approve log onto OEC Admin System (Cohort). Log on using your BU username* and password. *Please do not include @bournemouth.ac.uk.
- Guidance for Supervisors on how to use Cohort
- See Review and Approval workflow process
- What to expect when completing the checklist – this guide provides an overview of the questions that appear in the ethics checklist and is useful to refer to when reviewing your student’s PDF ethics checklist.
- What constitutes ‘high risk’
- You will recieve an email notification once a student submits a checklist – this is generated by the system and may contain the following subject heading “[student name] has just submitted an ethics checklist [ethics id] for your approval“
- You will also receive a copy of the email notification should the Ethics Programme Team return the checklist online – this is generated by the system and may contain the following subject heading “Your checklist [ethics id] has been sent back for changes”
- You will receive an email notification when your student resubmits a checklist
- Once a your students’s checklist has been approved, you will receive a copy of the email notification.
Emails generated by the OEC admin system will look like this: