The first closing date for the BU Research Development Fund – Small Grants Scheme (RDF-SGS) is 31 October 2011.
The scheme is open to all BU academics and will provide selective support to research initiatives considered to be of strategic importance to BU. Funding of up to £2k per award is available and priority will be given to applications involving staff from two or more Schools.
Examples of research activities covered by the RDF-SGS include:
- Pilot projects
- Interview transcription
- Visiting major libraries, museums, other research institutions, etc.
- Organisation of an academic conference at BU with external participants
- Attendance at external networking events leading to collaborative research proposals
- Meetings with external organisations to establish collaborations
- Preparation of specialist material or data
- Short-term Research Assistant support or replacement teaching
- Research consumables and equipment (providing it is clear these would not normally be purchased by the School)