2 May 2018 (Wednesday)
NERC is aiming to develop its current and future strategy for environmental omics research. To achieve this, they are holding a community workshop in Birmingham on 2 May 2018, with the support of a focused working group, to provide evidence and advice on the future direction of environmental omics and to provide recommendations on the capability of the community to deliver omics based research.
Objectives of the workshop
- To engage the environmental community in:
- exploring key research opportunities within environmental omics (now and in the future)
- exploring external factors that influence and impact on environmental omics (now and in the future).
- To help develop NERC’s strategy for environmental omics.
- To help consider capabilities needed to support a future strategy and omics research.
The results from the workshop will be collated into a report with the help of the working group, which will then be used to inform NERC’s strategy for omics. This report will also be used to support the future NERC strategy for supporting omics capability through services or facilities.
How to attend
NERC aim to offer places to everyone who would like to attend but, due to limitations in the venue capacity, they will allocate numbers across institutions should all places become full.
If you wish to apply to attend this workshop, please complete the online registration form. The closing date for registration is 16:00 on 17 April 2018. Submission does not guarantee attendance.
Once registration is confirmed, you will be asked some questions to aid the organisation and structure of the workshop. NERC will pay travel costs associated with attendance.
Please click here for full details of this opportunity.