Dorset Community Action has been commissioned by the Home Office to carry out interviews in support of their Serious Crime Project.
The aim is that this project will add valuable insight and context to wider research and analysis being undertaken to inform a local strategic needs assessment, and ultimately the Dorset Serious Violence Strategy.
The intended outcome from these case studies of victim/survivors of serious violence is to gain a greater understanding of their individual situations:
· Were there certain conditions in place at the time the serious violence happened.
· Was the serious violence a pattern of behaviour, possibly an escalation of behaviour and offending.
· How had being a victim of serious violence impacted on the individual emotionally and physically.
· What pre- and post-offence interventions from services were available, accepted, required;
(or what wasn’t available but needed/wanted)
· How has the overall experience influenced both current and future behaviour.
The participants need to be Dorset residents and over 18.
Please, find more information in the flyer here: Serious Crime Request Flier
All final data will be shared with all stakeholders involved in the project.
Any support you can offer with this project will be very much appreciated.