The next round of the internal small grants scheme closes this month on 31st May. The scheme provides up to £2000 per application for direct costs.
Examples of research activities covered by the RDF include:
- Pilot projects
- Interview transcription
- Visiting major libraries, museums, other research institutions, etc.
- Organisation of an academic conference at BU with external participants
- Attendance at external networking events leading to collaborative research proposals
- Meetings with external organisations to establish collaborations
- Preparation of specialist material or data
- Short-term Research Assistant support or replacement teaching
- Research consumables and equipment (providing it is clear these would not normally be purchased by the School)
This list is not exhaustive; applications can be for other expenses providing it is clear how the funding will benefit research at BU. This Scheme is only open to BU Academic Staff members (normally restricted to academics based in Schools).